Checkr is looking for an experienced Software Quality Engineer to join the Dashboard Experience Team, which is responsible for web application development in Checkr, both by developing applications which directly serve our customers and candidates, but also by creating a great developer experience for other teams within Checkr Engineering. The team maintains Checkr’s internal design system / component library, and defines the standard tools/libraries/packages which other teams use to build features.
If you are passionate about contributing to testing services and tools that will help us to provide high-quality products and services, we’d love to have you on the team!
- Act as the Quality Subject Matter Expert for the Dashboard Experience Team, helping to foster a strong culture of testing and continuous improvement.
- Help define testing strategies and work with the team to implement testing for new features.
- Expand our existing automated test suites, executed as part of our continuous integration flow.
- Prioritize key tests and scenarios based on historic issues, in collaboration with Customer Success, product, and engineering.
- Work with engineers to investigate production issues, and perform root cause analysis.
- Define and implement metrics to communicate the quality of the products you are responsible for.
- Support other types of quality targets, such as performance, load, and stress testing.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Software Quality Engineer or related role.
- You have previous test automation framework development experience.
- You can analyze the product and identify the best automation approach.
- You know how the web works, can dive into HTTP and API design, and have solid experience building and testing web applications.
- You understand web browsers, and the unique challenges of testing code which is run within them.
- You have experience working with microservice architecture, and are familiar with using mocked responses
- You have a solid track record of defining and building automated test suites using a programming or scripting language. You know what a good test framework looks like, and are ready to improve our existing frameworks.
- You are self-motivated
- You are a team player who can work with product and engineering in developing detailed test plans and test cases.
- You like troubleshooting issues and enjoy finding the root cause of a problem.
- You are a strong communicator. Discussing complex technical concepts with designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- Worked at a startup
- Have Financial or accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of any of these, or similar, technologies: Selenium, Nightwatch.js, RSpec, Watir, Sahi, Cucumber, and Phantomjs
- Familiarity with Docker
- Experience with Gitlab CI
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $91,800-$108,000.