Executive Director, Software Engineering - ePay at GHX
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:16 a.m. (MST) on Saturday, April 16, 2022
GHX Executive Directors are responsible for the overall development, operations and leadership of software engineering teams in support of a core GHX product. They serve as a technical counterpart to the business unit's General Manager (GM). They are responsible for the outcomes the team generates through work quality, work cadence, engineering excellence, process excellence, and continuous improvement. They embody the company's values, are excellent communicators, lead from the front, and galvanize teams to action. This role is responsible for GHX's payment technology platform, ePay. ePay is a B2B Payments solution in the Healthcare ecosystem that enables payments between healthcare Providers and Healthcare Suppliers. As an engineering leader of ePay, you will help recruit a world class team, set standards for high quality code and quality assurance, provide technical guidance to the team, monitor team progress in an Agile environment, and ensure timely delivery of software. You will partner with the GM of the business and work hand in hand with product management to define and execute a multi-year product roadmap for the ePay product. Responsibilities
- Manage ePay development teams comprising of Engineering Managers, Engineers, Quality Assurance, SREs and Business Analysts.
- Lead cross-functionally across business stakeholders, product management, sales, operations and support in pursuit of quarterly and annual OKRs.
- Attract, recruit and retain excellent talent in partnership with talent acquisition team.
- Deliver quality releases for ePay with minimal defect leakage into production.
- Enhance resiliency and stability of ePay platform in an AWS cloud-based environment.
- Enhance quality of ePay codebase by aggressively targeting technical debt.
- Conduct regular one-on-ones with direct reports to provide clear goals, success criteria, provide constructive feedback, and engender open communication.
- Develop partnership with Product Management leaders and align technology organization's objectives with the product roadmap.
- Mentor and help in career development of managers and individual contributors.
- 7+ years of leadership experience leading software development managers and multiple teams of software engineers.
- Previous hands-on software development experience required.
- Deep knowledge of web development stacks and persistence mechanisms (datastores, caching etc.)
- Solid experience across a variety of software architectures (event based, pub-sub etc.)
- Hands-on experience working in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) development environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including cross-functionally and presenting to an executive audience.
- Strong conflict management skills such as formalizing agreements, active listening, and mediating, especially in uncertain and ambiguous situations.
- Experience working with global teams spanning time zones (ideally India and Europe).
- Advanced problem-solving skills, ability to frame open ended problems, and find solutions anticipating current and future needs.
- Executive presence in interactions with senior leadership including the GHX executive leadership team.
- Exposure to PCI Compliance, SOC 2, HITRUST or similar security certifications and requirements
- Prior experience with a .Net application stack and AWS is preferred.
- Payments experience is not required but is a plus
Read Full Job Description