Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
Seeking a highly motivated and experienced Ethernet Engineer to join this team and gain experience as an individual contributor in many areas of engineering as part a Tier 1 service provider. This individual will be responsible for gathering engineering information, creating/updating designs, equipment logistics, and dispatching field engineers with a detailed statement of work. Other responsibilities may include network optimization and processing customer disconnects and change orders.
- Engineer is responsible for managing and completing projects as assigned in a timely manner. Majority of projects will be related to new service engineering, but special projects may include network audits, network configuration/inventory verification, the creation of network tools & reports, and other projects as assigned.
- Engineer will be responsible for creating and updating network documentation and drawings. Candidate should have strong Visio and written skills. Candidate should be detail oriented and a great deal of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Coordinate moving deployable equipment between markets and maintain accurate stocking levels. Replenish inventory as stocking levels pass thresholds to ensure equipment availability for the growth of production network.
- Bachelor of Science degree (B. S.) or equivalent from four-year University or technical school
- 1 to 2 years related experience
- Working knowledge of the Layer 2 and Layer3 networking including STP, G.8032, MPLS/VPLS, and VLANs.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office and Visio as these applications are critical for day to day functions.
- Comfortable working with equipment such as Cisco, Juniper, Accedian, Cyan and other carrier-class Ethernet hardware.
- Great organization skills are a must.
- Knowledge of the MEF service specifications and terminology is a huge plus.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave