Ethernet Engineer at Zayo (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
Seeking a highly motivated and experienced Ethernet Engineer to join this team and gain experience as an individual contributor in many areas of engineering as part a Tier 1 service provider. This individual will be responsible for gathering engineering information, creating/updating designs, equipment logistics, and dispatching field engineers with a detailed statement of work. Other responsibilities may include network optimization and processing customer disconnects and change orders.
- Engineer is responsible for managing and completing projects as assigned in a timely manner. Majority of projects will be related to new service engineering, but special projects may include network audits, network configuration/inventory verification, the creation of network tools & reports, and other projects as assigned.
- Engineer will be responsible for creating and updating network documentation and drawings. Candidate should have strong Visio and written skills. Candidate should be detail oriented and a great deal of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Coordinate moving deployable equipment between markets and maintain accurate stocking levels. Replenish inventory as stocking levels pass thresholds to ensure equipment availability for the growth of production network.
- Bachelor of Science degree (B. S.) or equivalent from four-year University or technical school
- 1 to 2 years related experience
- Working knowledge of the Layer 2 and Layer3 networking including STP, G.8032, MPLS/VPLS, and VLANs.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office and Visio as these applications are critical for day to day functions.
- Comfortable working with equipment such as Cisco, Juniper, Accedian, Cyan and other carrier-class Ethernet hardware.
- Great organization skills are a must.
- Knowledge of the MEF service specifications and terminology is a huge plus.
- Base Salary Range in CO: $58,100-$70,000
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.