Escalations Engineer at JumpCloud
| Greater Denver Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:07 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, July 20, 2021
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 3,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
Remote in the U.S.
We are looking for a skilled, self-motivated SmokeJumper (Escalations Engineer) to join our engineering team. At JumpCloud we’re solving complex problems using technologies like Go, Linux, Terraform, Salt, Python and many others. We’re in the cloud and for the cloud, taking advantage of all the fun tools and capabilities offered to us by Amazon AWS. We are focused on delivering cloud-based directory services via a SaaS model and as a result are solving some very difficult problems around identity, authentication, security, and cloud-based architecture scaling.
What you’ll be doing:
This role is responsible for supporting and working closely with our global customer support team, customers, and internal stakeholders in minimizing downtime, degradation, and assisting with understanding of our complex solution. You will drive and guide triaging of issues, escalating issues to product teams all while communicating impact to management and customers. You will be seen as widely proficient with the product’s solutions and act as a resource that JumpCloud team members can tap into. You will help others understand the issue and communicate the impact. Not only will you serve as a bridge between customer support and product\development teams, you will also be empowered to fix and push code.
- Review and triage issues impacting our customers both internally and externally
- Serve as Incident Manager in facilitating the quick resolution of issues
- Solve small to medium complexity production issues involving coding resolution
- Become very proficient in our application suite - able to obtain JumpCloud Core certification within 90 days of joining
- Work with internal stakeholders in solving support inquiries
- Monitor alerts and on call channels for activity
- Inject yourself in ongoing issues or discussions which you have knowledge to expedite resolution
- Work closely with customer support engineers on prioritization of issues impacting our customers
- Create detailed root cause analysis (RCA), while working with product teams to ensure quick issue resolution
- 2+ years experience in SQL, and experience working with complex schemas, as well as NoSQL DB such as MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with administering Mac, Linux, and Windows devices preferred
- Experience with device management tools such as Microsoft Active Directory or Apple MDM preferred
- Experience with logging solution such as ELK or Datadog preferred
- Working knowledge of APIs, and SDKs preferred
- Knowledge of Radius, and LDAP is a plus
- Strong team player - This role is both Agile and interrupt driven, and we’re a team that’s constantly working together to solve complex problems
- Passion for product and customer, not just for code
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $90,000-$125,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We also have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description