Escalation Engineer at Convercent
This role plays an integral technical role in the Convercent customer experience and is integral in our success. On top of meeting the qualifications for the position, the ideal candidate will be ready to work hard/play hard in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure delivery of a first class, genuine and personalized customer support experience.
- Troubleshooting and investigation of platform issues reported from clients, including building SQL queries, reviewing server event logs, failure mode isolation and debugging.
- Tier 1 to Tier 2 Defect enrichment for escalation to engineering when not resolvable in Tier 2.
- Serve as the liaison between customers and internal teams communicating defects, new business requirements and technology enhancement requests for improved customer experience.
- Supporting and offering world class customer service to our clients.
- Partnering well across departments, thinking creatively, and problem-solving.
- Will be a technical subject matter expert on all things Convercent and will partner with our client’s technical departments/personnel as it relates to planning and strategy discussions.
- Must have a deep understanding of the application configuration and how the product behaves under different scenarios.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure and architecture, MS Azure a plus.
- Web application development, debugging and troubleshooting, MVC a plus.
- Relational Database Management, SQL scripting, MS SQL Server a plus.
- 2+ years of Tier 2 software support experience.
- Experience with SSO configurations a plus.
- Prior experience in SaaS/Software industry required.
- Operate with a sense of urgency and strong attention to detail.
- Passionate about customer service and utilizes empathy to understand customer needs.
- Experience with help desk ticketing systems, Salesforce a plus.
- Experience with Visual Studio a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, verbal and eloquent writing skills.
- A passion for learning and a willingness for taking on new challenges.
- Ability to multitask and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of Information security.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary compensation range provided here is just that—a range! The offer that is ultimately extended is based on level of experience, skillset, certifications and education.
- Compensation: $60,000 - $65,000 base salary
- This position includes unlimited time off, comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), monthly tech stipend, company-paid sabbatical at five years of service, and stock options.
Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard—and expectations—for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Why are we asking you for this information? We are committed to be a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you choose to fill out these demographic questions, your response will help us identify how we can improve our hiring process to support a more diverse workplace.
Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Your responses, or choice not to respond, will not be associated with your application for this role, will not be used in making any hiring decisions, and will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Hiring from a wide variety of backgrounds is important to us, because our customers and their employees come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Individuals seeking employment at Convercent are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.