At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
EPDS Project Engineer II
At Ball Aerospace, you'll find work that matters and a culture based in collaboration, transparency and integrity. From revolutionary space missions and world-renowned sensors to data and cyber solutions, Ball Aerospace gives its employees unique opportunities to work on cutting-edge missions that help our customers learn about our planet, protect lives and build a better tomorrow. From our strong family culture to offering unique opportunities for career growth, our employees make Ball a great place to work.
Spacecraft power systems enable missions that save lives, protect our country, and push the envelope on what’s possible in science and technology.
This leadership position is for a highly-experienced engineer or manager who can help the Electrical Power and Distribution Subsystem (EPDS) team manage the cost, schedule and hardware content for spacecraft efforts across the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with ~12 other power system engineers as part of your core team at Ball Aerospace.
- Perform EPDS cost account management and project engineering tasks. This position is 70% management and 30% technical.
- Work daily with the larger EPDS team on procurements and programmatics.
- Establish strong supplier relationships (batteries, solar arrays, and control electronics).
- Prepare and manage hardware definition and interfaces. A strong hardware background is required.
- Extensive technical writing (proposal development, contractual elements, procedural definitions, specifications, interfaces, analysis support and description documents).
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management teams and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field is preferred plus 12 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Minimum of 6 years direct experience in EPDS design or test.
- A solid understanding of all aspects of planning, scheduling, hardware specifications, and interface control and a desire to learn – our culture fosters intellectual curiosity.
- Previous earned value management experience preferred.
- Proven expertise in subcontract management.
- Extensive experience with defining, developing, and delivering space qualified hardware.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Effectiveness in multidisciplinary large-team work environment with broad responsibilities and minimal oversight.
- A demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $145,500 - $183,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.