Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!Role Overview
We are seeking an Environmental Control System (ECS) Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for developing, integrating and supporting the ECS system plus related sub-system architecture for OvertureMain Responsibilities:
- Carry out preliminary design activities, development, test, certification, and support of the ECS and other sub-systems such as Ice / Rain Protection and Oxygen
- Define requirements for system design to ensure compliance with regulations
- Carry out trade studies of the applicable systems to ensure the right solution for Overture
- Collaborate with other team members and suppliers throughout the design & integration activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related experience required.
- 10+ years’ experience in the design, development, aircraft integration and certification of ECS systems
- Experience with performing calculations and analysis for trade studies and down selecting solutions.
- Knowledge and experience in identifying technical requirements
- Knowledge of 14 CFR23 or CFR25 regulatory requirements and Advisory Circulars related to ECS
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- The ability to interface effectively with different groups internally and externally.
- Experience with at least one aircraft program from initial concept through flight and certification
- Experience with electrical ECS systems
- Experience with Rain and Ice protection
- Experience with patent applications
- Member of aerospace industry advisory and / or rule-making boards.
The Base Salary Range for this position is $140,00 - $168,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.