Entry Level DevOps Engineer/Programmer - NextGen Technology Team at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the team:
The FIS Next Generation Implementations team has the charter to facilitate technology transformation for large financial institutions who are implementing strategic products at FIS such as Digital One and Modern Banking Platform. Technology transformation includes a business value focus on continuous improvement, pipeline automation, and software delivery that spans multiple components and services. We are looking for passionate and talented individuals who are comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this transformative delivery team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
FIS is looking for a Programmer Analyst II that will work on small to large complex requests with respect to deployed cloud infrastructure technologies within Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and Google Cloud. An analyst who understands not only cloud technology concepts but also a solid understanding of networking in general and system interdependencies. Candidate will not only handle incoming support items but will also serve as a customer advocate. Candidate will participate in internal FIS troubleshooting sessions with internal FIS customers. Candidate will interact with all FIS Cloud teams, engineering and operations with respect to production and development; providing input around process improvements between teams, between customer relationships and business tool owners. The candidate should feel comfortable with coaching junior system analysts. This candidate will work under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment and may consult with senior peers on certain projects. This position typically requires two or more years IT systems analysis experience.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time and form of desired results.
- Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
- Identifies and documents technical strategies, objectives and drivers.
- Analyzes and documents technical processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Proactively investigate known and unknown error conditions; following prescribed error correction processes as well as documenting resolutions that were not previously identified.
- Analyze problems/trends with client systems and applications and takes steps to avoid recurrence.
- Recognize abnormal processing conditions and raise appropriate issues as needed.
- Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
- Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
- Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
- May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced business systems analysts.
- Considers business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 1 to 3 years of Application Support
- 1 to 3 years of working with ticketing systems like Atlassian’s Jira and/or Service Now.
- 1 to 2 years of coding solutions and scripting processes for automation..
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory desireable.
- Understanding of IP networks, subnets, routing.
- Basic understanding of administration of Microsoft Windows Operating systems and Linux Red Hat Operating systems.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent collaborative skills and attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Process oriented candidate who enjoys automating
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take.
- Practical experience with Power Automate and/or Logic Apps.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.