Ibotta is seeking an Enterprise Architect to help us build and maintain our industry-leading technical strategies and capabilities that make every purchase rewarding for millions of shoppers. We're looking for an Architect who has the passion, expertise, and experience to take Ibotta to the next level:
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Design and refine the architecture of Ibotta’s technology in concert with other Enterprise Architects
- Bring deep technical expertise together with top-notch problem solving, mentoring, and collaboration skills to drive near & long-term technology strategy and solutions within a group or functional area
- Developing, coordinating, and teaching out the technical strategy and roadmap for Ibotta
- Act as a critical communication and synthesis conduit between Product and Engineering functions, aligning Ibotta business vision and objectives with Engineering goals, input, and feedback. Additionally, Architects partner with both Product and Engineering/Analytics management to make difficult prioritization trade-offs and timeline decisions
- Work with the technical leads of the group or functional area to develop an architectural vision/strategy for the group that:
- Identifies the structure and key components of the system (Including producing and coordinating current technical documentation for experts and non-experts alike)
- Identifies the relationships between the components (APIs, events, etc.)
- Defines a robust and flexible platform that supports known/current business needs while enabling unanticipated future business needs
- Development and refinement of Ibotta’s technical standards, processes, protocols, and best practices by actively identifying patterns, synthesizing and coalescing technical concerns from groups and colleagues across the company, then working to collaboratively solve these issues while evangelizing, teaching, and promoting the results
- Act as a technical and professional mentor by asking good questions of teams, seeking the bigger picture, and introducing high-level ideas that teams can then execute. In addition to fostering human connections and communication among teams, Architects provide direct mentorship to the tech leads in their group or function in order to develop and encourage the Ibotta architects of the future
- Develop strong and positive working relationships as a trustworthy collaborator with all technical, engineering and product leaders in the group. Architects, in equal partnership with Engineering/Analytics Directors and Group Product Management, will drive and be responsible for the direction and success of each group at Ibotta
- Report directly to the VP of Architecture
Here is what we’re looking for:
- A very seasoned and well-rounded engineering background consistent with being among the most senior technical resources in an organization. 10+ years of experience, with steadily increasing scope and responsibilities in software development, architecture, and solution development/deployment (or similar)
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills and style for both technical and non-technical audiences
- A collaborative and friendly approach to problem solving
- A passion for teaching, mentorship, and getting the ultimate satisfaction from seeing those around them succeed
- Well-organized, resolute, and goal-oriented in terms of achieving objectives and key results while keeping the bigger organizational goals and successes in mind
- Comfort with fast paced environments, ability to adapt to changing environments, and lead amidst ambiguity
- Significant microservices & event-based architecture experience
- Comfort working within a cloud-based infrastructure (including serverless!), ideally AWS
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.