Enterprise Architect - Accelerator LaunchPad Graduate
Cognizant Accelerator is seeking a Software Architect for the Accelerator Studio team in Boulder, Colorado. As an Architect, you will join a team of software engineers & architects working on an exciting new products being developed at the accelerator. If you’re interested in using cutting-edge technologies like machine learning and in architecting solutions on AWS cloud to create cost-efficient, scalable and performant software products for the Banking Industry, this is an opportunity for you. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate seeking to make a difference in a progressive, startup-like environment, while having the stability and support of a multi-national fortune 200 organization.
The Cognizant Accelerator Studio uses an agile development process and specializes in lean software methodology. We focus on defining an MVP and iterating quickly thereafter. We value direct and honest communication internally and value pragmatic solutions above all else.
You will also work with our sister organization, Studio India, as part of your project team. We have a diverse and respectful team. We love making world-class applications, and we want you to come join us!
Given the hands-on, collaborative nature of our practice, we’re only entertaining applicants willing to work full time at our Boulder office. Relocation expenses are covered if you’re moving from out of state.
- Work closely with peers in a collaborative and collegial environment
- Mentor junior developers and architects
- Collaborate across departments, including Design, Marketing, and Product Strategy
- Partner with business stakeholders and peers to develop the frameworks, standards, policies, principles, and procedures that guide technical decisions and maximize reuse of technology
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration, feasibility, multi-tenancy and scalability
- Design and plan the redeployment of on-prem solutions to the cloud with focus on cost saving, performance and scalability
- Collaborate with our Product Strategy team to determine a project's functional and non-functional requirements and features, and scope the work accordingly
- Clearly document use cases, and write user stories and software requirements
- Oversee the progress of projects to ensure consistency with initial design, provide technical guidance and coaching to developers, and facilitate rapid development and implementation
- Ensure software meets architectural standards and adheres to security and regulatory compliance
- Research, analyze, and promote technology standards, emerging technologies, and business trends
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in technology platforms, processes and techniques, and recommend solutions
- Exceptional critical thinking skills: decompose complex problems, prioritize issues, and implement sensible solutions
- Excellent communication skills: speak and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts
- Passionate about quality, performance, reliability, and scalability
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant experience
- 4+ years of experience in architecting, designing, and developing modern software solutions across multiple technology platforms
- 8+ years of experience in commercial software development with multiple languages (Python, Java, C, C++, Ruby)
- 2+ years experience designing solutions architecture on AWS
- Expertise in full-stack software development and architecture using Node, React, Angular, and other frameworks
- Experience data modeling on SQL Server, PostgreSQL. Ability to write optimized TSQL
- Understanding of NoSQL database technologies, their use cases and relevance
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns
- Expertise in agile methods, software development lifecycle management, continuous integration, and build and release management
Competitive salary, benefits, and the chance to use some of the latest technologies are all aspects of this opportunity. We know what our values are and give our developers everything they need to get the job done. Benefits include, but aren’t limited to: paid vacation and sick time, 401k match, employee stock purchase plan, medical benefits and chance to participate in exciting new projects.
More about the Cognizant Accelerator team can be found at https://www.cognizant.com/accelerator
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and over 250,000 employees, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.