Engineering New Business Lead - Mission and Space Vehicle at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineering New Business Lead – Mission and Space Vehicle
Within the Engineering SSU, join the Mission and Space Vehicle (M&SV) New Business Team - a diverse group of motivated problem solvers supporting programs in national defense and civil space markets. We're excited about the projects we're involved in and have a strong commitment to the missions we enable. Offering growth opportunities at all levels of skill and experience, we're looking for leaders and innovators who can continue our strong reputation for creativity and technical excellence, while helping to define the future of Ball.
Make a difference. Love what you do. Realize your full potential.
What You'll Do:
- In liaison with the National Defense and Civil Space business units, support Mission & Space Vehicle new business activities for early-stage pursuits, RFIs and proposals.
- Utilizing a balanced risk posture, mentor teammates for new business efforts including effective use of company heritage and design to cost principals.
- Oversee technical aspects of study efforts having the potential to evolve into new business capture opportunities.
- Support engineering and programmatic trades to ensure non-recurring engineering decisions are made deliberately based on requirements gaps between customer requirements and standard offerings.
- Prepare and submit technical information in support of proposals, ROMS, RFI/RFQ responses, and white papers.
- Support alignment of new business pursuits with active or targeted IRADs/CRADs.
- Identify, track, and address risks and opportunities for pursuits.
- Communicate business capture details within the M&SV New Busines Team and relevant elements of the company, foster a “behave like an owner” culture.
- Support customer meetings, conferences, and trade shows.
- Report to the Mission and Space Vehicle New Business Manager.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience in spacecraft and/or mission systems is required.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance preferred.
- An understanding of all aspects of planning, scheduling, risk management, and team leadership
- A desire to learn - our culture fosters intellectual curiosity in a highly collaborative environment..
- Effectiveness in small teamwork environment with broad responsibilities and minimal oversight.
- Experience establishing relationships with key personnel within customer community.
- Superb presentation skills with experience presenting to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Strong critical thinking skills that result in effective decision making and priority setting.
- Team building skills with a player/coach mindset.
- Attention to detail that leads to complete, high-quality engineering products.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $145,500 - $183,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.