About this Role:
As the Engineering Manager, you will engage every day with engineering team to produce high quality products that meet deadlines and standards. You will act as a mentor to the engineering team as it relates to career growth, goal setting and coaching. In addition, you will own the development process including acting as a SCRUM master and working to improve the engineering software process and metrics reporting.
- Manage feature release and daily team standup
- Define hiring requirements for new team members
- Coach and develop team members on job performance and career advancement
- Work with product team to help groom product backlog
- Translate product team requirements into software features and tickets that can be assigned to development staff
- Work with QA to manage product testing requirements
- Define further process changes that will help optimize and streamline the engineering team
- Run release retrospectives and ensure agreed upon changes / takeaways are implemented
- Define and report key on engineering metrics
- Deploy software to AWS once it passes UAT
- Perform PR reviews with help from development staff
- 5+ years development experience and 2+ years in management or technical leadership
- Strong oral and written skills
- Experience administering and using software process tools such as JIRA
- Experience with implementing team process by managing what is needed now and what will be needed in the future
- Experience with Scrum and Agile process implementation
- Experience managing remote teams
- Ability to perform simple PR reviews
- Experience in multiple of the following:
- Ruby on Rails
- AWS Deployment
- Experience and Career Growth. You will be part of the core team as the company enters a major growth phase. We always look to promote first from within and everyone on the team is taking on multiple roles. We don’t know how to say “that isn’t my job.”
- Startup Environment. From our great downtown location, to unlimited coffee and healthy snacks, to a 2019 Best Place to Work office culture, things are changing and improving EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- Health, Vision, Dental and 401k. Excellent employee benefits.
- Stock Option Grant. We want all of our team to be focused on long-term success and growth.
- Mandatory Vacations. We’ve read the research and it is clear – employees who take vacation are more productive, happier and compensated more. SonderMind has an unlimited vacation policy, but REQUIRES employees to take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year.
- Competitive Start-Up Salary. We all need to eat, right?
SonderMind Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.