Engineering Manager - Systems
Do you enjoy leading a great team that is solving challenging problems using the latest technologies? Even better knowing that your work is highly visible and mission critical for thousands of organizations around the globe?
JumpCloud is focused on delivering cloud-based directory services via a SaaS model and as a result we are solving some very difficult problems around identity, authentication, security, and cloud-based architecture scaling.
What you’ll be doing:
JumpCloud continues to invest heavily in our engineering team, particularly in the systems area of our product which is a key strategic differentiator for us. A core part of directory services is the ability to ensure the various workstations, laptops, and servers are uniformly under our customer’s control and compliance, regardless of their location. System management with JumpCloud enables sysadmins to manage these resources with point-and-click simplicity, regardless of their location. We are seeking a leader who is passionate about building technology and teams in this area.
We’re operating at startup scale and speed and as a manager, you’ll help guide the way.
You will be responsible for guiding the engineering teams reporting to you. You will influence our engineering practices in addition to product strategy and execution. You’ll work with your team to build out features, help drive architecture, define best practices and enable product quality.
- Engineering management for up to 2 agile teams comprised of Software Engineers, Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET), UI and QA engineers
- Responsible for hiring, on-boarding and mentoring a diverse team of high potential team members
- As an active member of the engineering leadership team, partnering with peers and other teams to build, lead and inspire a world class engineering organization
- Product Owner for agile project teams - you will be both a first line manager for engineers on your team as well as performing the role of Product Owner (PO) for the team
- Drive reuse of development work, platforming, and consistent technical and architectural direction across projects.
We’re looking for… candidates with experience delivering complex, system software, an established track record in developing customer-facing software, technical ability, project management skills, great communication skills with the motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- 3+ years experience managing and leading teams developing system level products on Windows, Mac, and/or Linux clients.
- Hands on experience working with Agile teams including Scrum.
- Experience managing cross functional teams including Dev and Quality
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience partnering with Product Management and User Experience teams to build the best customer experience
- Track record of continuous improvement through innovation, delivery, process development quality etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a relevant field of engineering, or a closely related field.
- Strong technical foundation in software engineering design principles.
This position will be based out of our Corporate Office in Downtown Boulder