Engineering Manager, SaaS at JumpCloud
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:05 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, October 20, 2021
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 4,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
As we grow the JumpCloud Engineering team, we are hiring a Software Engineering Manager to build and lead new teams in our Identity Services group. You’ll have the opportunity to play a key role in the success and development of our engineering teams in addition to growing your own career. We are seeking a leader who is passionate about building great products and high performing teams.
You will be responsible for guiding the engineering teams reporting to you. You will have influence over our engineering practices in addition to product strategy and execution. You’ll build out features, help drive architecture, define best practices and enable product quality. We’re operating at startup scale and speed and as a manager, you will help guide the way.
You'll be responsible for:
- Engineering management for 2-4 agile teams composed of Software Engineers, UI and QA engineers.
- Responsible for hiring, on-boarding and mentoring a diverse team of high potential team members.
- As an active member of the engineering leadership team, you will partner with your peers and other teams to build, lead, and inspire a world class engineering organization.
- Drive reuse of development work, platforming, and consistent technical and architectural direction across projects.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of team activities in your areas of expertise.
- Act as a technical mentor and coach to more junior engineers.
We’re looking for…
- Candidates should have experience delivering complex, distributed systems into production, an established track record in developing customer-facing software, technical ability, project management skills, and great communication skills with the motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- 5+ years experience managing or leading teams developing SaaS products running in a public cloud, like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- 8+ years experience as a software engineer in any industry and in any tech stack.
- Hands on experience working with Agile teams including Scrum.
- Experience managing cross functional teams including Dev and Quality.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience partnering with Product Management and User Experience teams to build the best customer experience.
- Track record of continuous improvement through innovation, delivery, process development, quality, etc.
- Experience leading geographically diverse engineering teams in today’s remote first work environment.
- BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent. Strong technical foundation in software engineering and design principles.
Bonus points if you have:
- Background in Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Experience with authentication and authorization protocols such as OAuth, OpenID Connect, RADIUS, SAML, or WebAuthN.
- Experience with other Directory services such as LDAP, Active Directory, G Suite, or protocols such as SCIM, etc.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $140,000-$195,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and 401k benefits. We have an unlimited vacation policy and also provide commuter benefits for employees in the Denver/Boulder, CO area.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description