Engineering Manager - Product at CirrusMD Inc.
CirrusMD is a text-first enterprise solution that connects people with no-barriers access to a live doctor, real-time, who can always help. CirrusMD was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in Denver, CO. We are partnered with major national payers, employers and healthcare systems to deliver extraordinary virtual care to millions of lives across the nation. If you are looking to make a lasting impact where your voice matters, consider joining our team.
Who We’re Looking For:
CirrusMD is looking for an Engineering Manager to support and enable our growing engineering organization. As an Engineering Manager you will rely heavily on your technical acumen, process orientation, listening skills and humility to support and enable product delivery teams and your direct reports in achieving their goals. Your experience as a tenured individual contributor (IC) operating within varied development process frameworks (Scrum, Scaled Agile, Kanban) will influence your approach when working with team(s) to improve efficiencies, instill and enforce platform resilience, and establish consistent product delivery cadences. You innately recognize when and where to insert additional processes as well as when to remove barriers and let your team fly. You are a highly organized, extremely detail oriented leader with superb communication skills, driven to help team members achieve their best.This position will be 10-20% technical and 80-90% people management.
This position can sit remote anywhere in the U.S., with the flexibility to work from our Denver HQ as you’d like. Please note that no matter where you are located, all employees should be available during our core working hours from 9 am to 4 pm MDT Monday through Friday. The salary range for this role is $145,000-165,000/year. Actual pay may vary based on job-related skills, qualifications, certifications, and experience. This role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to equity incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.
What You’ll Accomplish:
- You will establish high levels of trust with (4-6) direct reports, product delivery teams and key company stakeholders
- You will collaborate with product managers, engineers, and client success teams throughout the product development process to frequently release secure, robust, and performant applications and services
- You will be responsible for ensuring the transparency of project progress, visibility of delivery timelines and manage coordination with end-users and stakeholders as needed
- You will ensure your teams are operating effectively and efficiently, leveraging success metrics such as cycle time, change failure rate, mean time to recovery, and deployment frequency
- You will leverage and advance our engineering career framework ensuring we are tracking the appropriate distinctions and enabling clear career trajectory for our teams as we grow
- You will participate and influence our hiring practices to ensure we are continuing to build capable, diverse teams at a rate that meets the needs of the business
- You will support and enrich team-led ceremonies (daily standups, retrospectives, etc)
- You will create and manage a process to collect and triage inbound requests without disrupting the team focus
- You will assist with vetting, prioritization, and resolution of defects/bugs/technical debt
- You will ensure prioritized project outcomes and are achievable and aligned with organization objective
- 2 years of experience acting as a technical lead or engineering manager in a startup environment
- Experience optimizing the business value delivery process for engineering teams (e.g. identifying delivery bottlenecks, supporting or training on story breakdown and / or planning activities, etc..)
- Superb technical acumen across all layers of the stack -- with the ability to understand technical issues and impact at a high level
- The desire and will to coach, inspire, and motivate others
- Ability to work with remote teams and effectively collaborate through technical and interpersonal challenges
- Foster a team first, collaborative, learning environment
- You are intrinsically motivated and capable of managing multiple projects, priorities and tasks
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Advanced knowledge of multiple agile methodologies and frameworks
- Experience operating in a high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Prior experience working in and with healthcare technology organization
Who We Are:
Based in Denver, CirrusMD is the nation's leading virtual care platform that delivers a chat first, multi-modal, data driven experience to enable providers, payers and employers the ability to offer high touch, personalized healthcare to their members or employees. Founded in 2012, CirrusMD helps our customers create happier, healthier, and more engaged patients by giving them access to on-demand virtual care solutions that they love to engage with. Our chat-powered care delivery platform connects patients to a dedicated, board-certified physician in under 60 seconds from any web-enabled device, with no cost and no time limits attached. CirrusMD enables a stress-free, human care conversation that doesn’t end until members get the answers (and peace of mind) they need to manage their wellness.
Why Work at CirrusMD?
CirrusMD is quickly transitioning from a startup to a highly recognized healthcare industry disruptor. If you are looking to make a lasting impact where your voice matters, consider joining our team and help us deliver care without barriers. We offer an exceptional benefits package including health, dental and vision, 401k with match, flexible vacation and remote work policies, competitive salaries, stock options and more.
CirrusMD is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees, users, and customers. We strive to deliver products and services that work for everyone by including perspectives from backgrounds that vary by race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin. We are particularly focused on ensuring women and BIPOC are equally represented across all positions, including management. Our focus is on advancing, cultivating, preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion as it directly aligns with our mission to provide access to affordable and personalized health care for everyone.
Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit résumés to any person or email address at CirrusMD prior to having a signed agreement with Human Resources. CirrusMD is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Also, any résumés sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to CirrusMD and may be forwarded to our Talent Acquisition team.