Engineering Manager, Learning & Development at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation
Checkr is looking for an exceptional Engineering Manager, Learning & Development to design and lead our onboarding program for engineers. In this role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the readiness of new hires to be productive on their teams from day one.
- Manage entry-level engineers for the first 4-6 weeks of their tenure at Checkr.
- Design and deliver curriculum to train new engineers on our system design, testing frameworks, and Ruby and React fundamentals.
- Partner closely with Product to provide new engineers with hands-on experience delivering new features and functionality to internal tools.
- Provide individual coaching and motivation to engineers on their progress and performance, while building a strong learning community amongst each cohort.
- Partner closely with Recruiting to optimize hiring funnels and interview processes to build an ongoing pipeline of qualified and diverse candidates.
- Interact and work closely with engineering leadership to determine specific training needs to optimize and evolve our learning program as we grow.
What you bring:
- 0-2 years as an engineering manager.
- 5+ years experience as a full stack software engineer. Strong preference given for candidates with experience working with Ruby and React.
- Strong experience with TDD, pair programming, and agile methodologies.
- Data-driven with decision making.
- Proven experience and results managing learning and development programs, building curriculum, teaching, and/or mentoring.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to whittle complex processes down to clear and concise steps.
- Energetic self-starter passionate about professional integrity and excellence with a positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm.
- Strategic thinker that’s not interested in the status quo. You love thinking about new opportunities and process improvements.
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $176,800-$208,000.
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.