Engineering Manager II - System Traceability Section at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineering Manager II – System Traceability Section
Join the Mission Systems Engineering and Integration & Test (SEIT) team at Ball Aerospace - a diverse group of motivated problem solvers. We like to have fun and enjoy life - both at work, and in our free time. We're excited about the challenging projects we're involved in and have a strong commitment to the missions we enable. Offering growth opportunities at all levels of skill and experience, we're looking for leaders and innovators who can continue our strong reputation for creativity and technical excellence, while helping to define the future of Ball.
We are seeking an action-oriented engineer with intellectual curiosity who is excited to put their potential to use grow and expand the team.
This position reports to the Senior Engineering Manager of the Mission SEIT Organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop the vision and strategy for Mission SEIT organization. The organization includes the following Sections: Mission Chief Engineers, Mission Architects, Lead Systems Engineers, System Traceability Engineers, Mission Integration Engineers, Systems Innovation & Advancement Engineers, and Configuration/Data Management Specialists.
- Provide leadership and functional direction for the leadership team by exhibiting behaviors aligned with the tenants of Ball’s Inspire, Connect, and Achieve (ICA) leadership model. The behaviors would include a unifying vision, understanding the diverse needs of others to meet business challenges and acting with humility and a collaborative spirit.
- Lead and manage the System Traceability Section and develop a robust employee development capability.
- Provide functional management for the System Traceability Section.
- Responsible for the execution of the System Traceability efforts across our programs from the mission-level to the subsystems across missions, space vehicles, payloads, and spacecraft buses.
- Be a principal member of the Engineering leadership team.
- Grow the System Traceability engineering capabilities and capacity to achieve the goals of the business.
- Establish, develop, and maintain strong relationships with Engineering peers, internal stakeholders, and external customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. A Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- An advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in space-based systems engineering or ground system- based systems engineering is required.
- Experience in technology management and strategic direction preferred.
- Ability to be self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- A drive for results and executional excellence.
- Comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable operating at a fast pace.
- Team building skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Budgeting/cost estimating experience.
- Strong customer service, accountability, professionalism, and interpersonal skill set.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Commitment to creating an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $152,500 - $210,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.