Engineering Manager II of Operations - Enterprise Software Missions at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineering Manager II of Operations – Enterprise Software Missions
Manage the execution of projects within Enterprise Software Missions group, a multidisciplinary team, supporting the operations of the strategic actions for Ball Aerospace Software and Software Systems. The manager of Operations will have up to 5 direct reports. This position reports to the Director of Enterprise Software Missions.
What You'll Do:
- Establish and support a team of new business engineers, who would then be responsible for the successful specification, proposal, and costing of assigned scope.
- Collaborate with functional management on a staffing balance across the areas supported by Enterprise Software Missions.
- Work with Strategic Business Units to resolve resource conflicts.
- Responsible for portfolio-wide forecast of work in Enterprise Software Missions.
- Create and coordinate training to develop engineering talent
- Establish and communicate: Operational objectives, Business Level performance metrics, and long-term tools needs.
- Ensure that technology-based value streams and processes align with operational objectives.
- Contribute to Engineering strategic and operational planning.
- Develop and improve software engineering processes; support software process improvement goals, execute process corrective actions and Failure Review Boards as required; support internal and external audits, ensure compliance with ISO standards.
- Identify and develop technology that supports customer solutions and maintains an innovation edge and cost advantage in the marketplace.
- Oversee execution of Enterprise Software Missions related IR&Ds and special projects.
- Contribute to the assessment and successful outcome of internal and external reviews.
- Work with the SBUs and SSUs to address strategic needs in support of program execution and new business development and capture. Drive for consistent performance across all efforts and build credibility and a strong rapport and reputation with the SBUs and SSUs.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering preferred.
- Ability to self-start and work independently and with a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sound leadership and operational principles to an organization of high performing electrical engineers and technicians developing electronics throughout the full lifecycle from proposal through delivery and ability to meet cost, schedule and performance objectives.
- Government customer experience preferred.
- Relevant work experience with end-to-end software development and production.
- Prior experience working in and with controlled, classified security environments is highly desirable.
- Influencing, communication and team skills will be critical to successful execution of the duties of the position.
- Proven track record in management of software design and development tasks as a lead.
- Demonstrated ability to develop multidisciplinary processes.
- A current, active Top Secret security clearance preferred. Must be able to obtain and maintain TS/SCI.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $152,500 - $210,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.