Engineering Manager II - Continuous Improvement at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Engineering Manager II - Continuous Improvement
In Process and Knowledge Management (PKM), we improve efficiency and effectiveness of business processes with closed-loop solutions from internal auditing to Continuous Improvement (CI) support. Via Risk and Opportunity Board management and ongoing improvement initiatives, we open communication, educate the business, increase value and ultimately reduce risk; we are looking for someone who embraces this approach. Will you be our next champion to help us go beyond with Ball?
The Engineering Manager ll will lead the Industrial Engineering Continuous Improvement (CI) Team within Security Mission Assurance. They will champion functional responsibilities to meet project commitments across the entire organization. A successful Engineering Manager ll must have a talent for managing and anticipating needs for the CI Team and their efforts along with creating and maintaining enterprise-wide continuous improvement programs and related training. e.g., Root Cause Analysis, LSS Yellow Belt and 6S. This position reports to the manager of the Process and Knowledge Management (PKM) team. If you have the vision to develop and champion continuous improvement opportunities; Ball is ready to go beyond with you!
What You'll Do:
- Champion Ball’s Continuous Improvement (CI) efforts within Mission Assurance and across the enterprise.
- Build the development of the CI toolkit and process solutions through acting with unwavering curiosity of current/new CI methodologies and tools that can be applied to the business.
- Lead the Industrial Engineering Continuous Improvement Team within PKM through mentorship, professional development, and maintenance of knowledge in CI methodologies and tools.
- Empower cross-functional efforts to assist Ball programs with confidence and high ethical standard across Ball Strategic Business Units (SBUs) to be structured with increased communication, efficiency and effectiveness to promote success.
- Own overall performance to yield positive return on investment (ROI) for improvement projects and reduce risk and impact of identified problems within the business.
- Be a visionary partner to the SSU/SBU leadership in the execution of strategic initiatives by providing subject matter expert (SME) insight of continuous improvement process and tools.
- Be adaptable to internal and external customer needs through identifying and developing technology that supports real-time collaboration and project management.
- Spearhead process improvement, enterprise-wide, through support and execution in; strategic goals, process corrective actions, internal and external audits, and compliance with standards.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Industrial Engineering with Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Black Belt certification preferred.
- Self-starter, excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to apply sound leadership and management principles to an organization of high performing industrial engineers and continuous improvement champions.
- Influencing, communication and organization skills are critical to successful execution of the duties of the position.
- Expert project management skills, PMP (Project Management Professional) certification a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of advanced LSS skills and data analysis, preferably at the Master Black Belt level, especially with regards to mentoring other LSS practitioners.
- Relevant work experience demonstrating effective process improvement methodologies applied in both business and manufacturing environments, including process mapping, 6S workplace organization, root cause analysis, and other problem-solving and data analysis methodologies as needed.
- Proven track record in management of large-scale enterprise strategic initiatives from start to finish.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $152,500 - $210,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.