Engineering Manager I - Mechanical Operations at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Engineering Manager I - Mechanical Operations
The Mechanical Operations Manager is an operations management position that reports to Ball Aerospace’s Senior Director of Manufacturing and Test Operations. This leadership position will be responsible for the efficient and safe operations of Ball Aerospace’s mechanical fabrication, assembly, processing, and integration capabilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and maintain outstanding partnerships and networks with business and operational stakeholders.
- Develop and execute a value stream management capability within Ball Aerospace’s Fisher manufacturing facilities.
- Integrate execution support functions including material management, scheduling, assembly, integration, test, cleanroom operations, hardware quality assurance, and process control engineering into a highly functioning execution team.
- Develop a long-term capital equipment strategy to scale capability and drive EVA
- Establish an onsite Lean Six Sigma (LSS) capability that drives data-based decisions to improve efficiency, guarantee product quality, reduce program costs, and ensure product on time delivery.
- Instantiate a strong human and hardware safety culture by effectively implementing Ball’s safety program.
- Conceptualize, acquire, and implement new and innovative manufacturing and test methodologies.
- Create and drive the optimization Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) using industrial engineering / quality management tools including SPC, Process Capability Analysis, Value Stream Mapping, 6S, KPC/KCC DFMEA/PFMEA, House of Quality, Error Proofing, Control Plans, and data analytics.
- Manage an overall organization of approximately 125+ operations professionals.
- Plan and control overhead budgets while maintaining competitive and predictable forward pricing rates.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in an operations management field is preferred.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Experience in developing multi-build aerospace assembly, integration, and test strategies and systems.
- Proven ability to quickly create highly effective operational infrastructures and teams.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the areas of Collaboration, Organizational Agility, Conflict Management, Managerial Courage, and Process Management.
- Experience in effectively developing capital equipment strategies and managing capital budgets of > $2M.
- Demonstrated success in directing matrixed execution organizations.
- Established experience leading teams through rigorous compliance environments including AS9100, NASA 8739.1, 8739.4, IPC/WHMA-A-620, IPC-J-STD-001, and NASA-STD-8739.2 & 8739.3.
- Established history of continuous improvement and creating data driven infrastructures to monitor and improve manufacturing performance.
- Experience mentoring, training, and staffing employees with a strong commitment to improving organizational diversity and inclusion.
- Proven and exceptional ability to collaborate and partner across business functions.
- Experience implementing enterprise resource software (ERP/PLM) is desired.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $132,500 - $183,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.