Engineering Manager - Growth at CircleCI
CircleCI is looking for an Engineering Manager to support our Growth engineering team. Our current team focus is around making the onboarding experience to CircleCI the best it can be and continuously improving it for our users. This requires us to get close to customer feedback and experiment, using tools such as Optimizely, to test out hypotheses on what we think will make the biggest positive impact for our users.
If you bring a management background and are excited about helping engineers deliver user value every day, and want to continue to grow your management skills, this role could be for you.
The Engineering Manager role is an essential part of our distributed engineering organization, and Engineering Managers play a key role in helping teams be healthy and understand and shape their daily work on delivering value to our users. The Engineering Manager role is the first step on CircleCI's engineering management career track.About this role:
Who you'll work with:
You'll lead a distributed, cross-functional team of 5-7 people, who are mostly based in the US, with a small UK contingent using technologies such as React, TypeScript, and GraphQL. You'll collaborate and work closely with:
- Product Manager: collaborate with Product and the engineers on your team to solve our customers’ biggest challenges, jointly define milestones, and guide the team's weekly planning.
- Senior Engineering Managers: you'll report directly to an engineering manager who supports 2+ teams on a more strategic level.
- Software Engineers: the engineers on your team will report directly to you, and you’ll help them be successful in their roles and grow their careers.
- VP of Growth: you’ll collaborate with and support with providing reporting and metrics to the VP of Growth as we assess the impact of the experiments we run to improve the onboarding experience and, therefore, improve activation, engagement and retention
- Engineering Management team: we’re a distributed team of 14 engineering managers and senior managers. In this role, you would become part of our Product Engineering organization and would also be able to work with our Agile Coach.
- Supporting the team: Work with engineering leadership and your team’s Product Manager to make strategic decisions about the team’s work and potential impact. You’ll also support the team’s on-call rotation.
- Support the growth of your reports: Have regular 1:1s with the engineers on your team to understand their career ambitions, and how they can best help the team, and coach and mentor them. Work with them to identify areas in our Engineering Competency Matrix where they’d like to focus their efforts, and support their growth through regular feedback, goal setting, and making sure they get matching opportunities for growth.
- User value delivery: Ensure incremental value delivery and high-quality standards for your team. Help the team prioritize work and deliver reliably, and report on your team’s progress on a regular basis.
- Planning: Collaborate with the engineering and product leadership teams on longer-term, strategic planning. Develop measurable OKRs and ensure the team utilizes them to guide their work.
- Knowledge sharing: Ensure that your teammates continue to learn and grow together as a team.
- Process and Product: Maintain high levels of transparency, efficiency, and collaboration in your team, as well as with your peers and your team’s Product Manager.
- Feedback & communication: Provide feedback to your reports and other members of the team, as well as engineering leadership, on a regular basis. Communicate your team's progress towards its goals.
You’ll find information about Engineering Management roles at CircleCI on our blog:
- This post contains more information about our hiring process for this role: What we've learned about hiring engineering managers
- What to expect as a remote CircleCI employee
- How my distributed team communicates so no context is left behind
- People development: You have at least one year of experience building and leading software development teams and helping them deliver working software. Your experience includes hiring, as well as having engineers directly reporting to you and supporting them in their growth.
- Remote work: You bring at least 6 months of experience working with distributed teams.
- Delivery: You are knowledgeable about modern software engineering practices and how to apply them in different teams. You believe in agile and lean values. You have a track record of using these methods in practice and continuously delivering business value.
- Leadership: You are a servant leader and strong collaborator who emphasizes continuous learning, and you know what it takes to build strong, productive teams. You thrive on developing people and building inclusive teams and bring business acumen and product thinking into your work with your team. You understand how to handle ambiguity and change in a fast-growing startup and are interested in supporting our further growth.
- Learning: You bring action orientation and a drive to continuously improve the teams you work with and are invested in continuously learning and growing yourself.
- Communication: You’re an effective communicator and bring strong feedback skills to your teams. You’re proficient in English in verbal and written form.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
Distributed teams at CircleCI
We’re a distributed company with offices in San Francisco, Toronto, Japan, and teammates across the globe. We would be hiring you as a full-time employee based in Canada, with the option to work remotely.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
We are a globally distributed team working towards the common goal of being the standard-bearer for continuous integration and deployment software. We are looking for people who are interested in helping us shape software engineering best practices for the industry as a whole.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Some content from our blog that may be interesting to you:
- How to Get Hired at CircleCI
- A Letter to Future CircleCI Employees
- How We Uphold Our Inclusive Values as a Global Team