Engineering Manager of Employer Integrations at Guild Education
Guild is hiring an Engineering Manager of Employer Integrations to help us build and maintain integrations with our Employer Partners. This team will work with technical program managers and our Fortune 500 Employer Partners to develop the data exchange and integrations to enable educational benefits for all of our students.
We are looking for a hardworking leader who is as comfortable communicating and navigating our employer partner HR and technology teams as they are managing a team of integration and implementation engineers who develop and maintain custom integrations between the Guild platform and our employer partners. We need someone who can delve deep with our employer partners on their identity and access control integrations as well as data and API integrations and manage a team of experts to focus on that.As the Engineering Manager of Employer Integrations, you will:
- Mentor, coach and lead a team of diverse integration and implementation engineers
- Partner with our technical project management team to scope and deliver integrations with our Employer Partners
- Insulate the platform engineering teams from employer specific customizations
- Work with the employer platform engineering teams to continuously improve the way the Guild Platform exchanges data with our employers
- Provide monitoring, alerting and early warning systems and respond and resolve issues with employer integrations
- Support our employers with single sign on (SSO) integrations through SAML Authentication
- Be on the front lines with our Fortune 500 employers enabling their education benefits for their employees/students
Ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record of successfully leading people and building new teams
- A desire to lead a team of 4+ engineers while also serving as an individual contributor
- Expertise in technologies like SAML, RESTful API’s, GraphQL, Python, TypeScript, or Node
- Have good communication, conflict resolution, partner advocacy skills and ability to help navigate customer organizations to get to the right person or team that can deliver.
- Experience in fast-paced, high-growth startups.
- A history of being a teammate people trust and love working with.
- 6 + years of engineering experience with a relevant degree or experience.
- Experience working with Fortune 500 employers in a developer advocate, consulting or integration role.
- Expertise building and supporting integrations with flat file, API’s and event driven interfaces using iPaaS solutions such as Cloud Elements, Snaplogic, Mulesoft, Workato or other provider
- Expertise with technologies like cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure), database/ETL technologies (Postgres, NoSQL, Snowflake), queuing, messaging (Kinesis, RabbitMQ, MQ Series, Kafka), and modern source control (Git / Github) practices.
- A dedication to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively explain technical concepts to customer engineers, analysts, product managers, and other partners.
- Willingness to embrace change and work within a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for higher education and our mission.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $160,000-$206,250, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth