Zoom Video Communications (zoom.us) is the world leader in video conferencing and unified communications. Businesses turn to Zoom for video / web / phone / chat collaboration. Zoom is growing at an explosive pace, it's an awesome place to work, we have fun products, and we're looking for the best people to join us.Zoom Chat connects your teams and streamlines communications across meetings, phone, rooms, and webinar. We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a full stack development team that is responsible for building strategic native Zoom Chat clients on different platforms. You will have a unique opportunity to not only immerse in a full software development life cycle, but also enjoy delivering happiness to our valued customers.
- Lead engineering team effort to effectively execute product roadmaps and produce quality deliverables
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers (i.e. product, design, marketing, support) and make strategic influence to shape product vision
- Recruit top-notch technical talent and provide mentorship to team members
- Guide architecture design and solve complex technical challenges as a hands-on leader
- Drive release process, evangelize agile best practices and promote innovation
- BS/MS (CS or related major preferred)
- Minimum 5 years in leading native clients development on MacOS, Windows, iOS and Android.
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience in building and leading distributed engineering teams
- Minimum 5 years of large-scale web application development experience. Expertise in cloud infrastructure technologies (i.e. Microservices Architecture, RESTful APIs, AWS, NoSQL is a plus
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and support a rapidly growing business
- Familiar with Instant Messaging protocols and tools such as XMPP, Microsoft Teams, Slack, Webex Teams.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and technical recruiting
- Track record in positively impacting individual team members and supporting their career growth goals
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Given Zoom’s status as a federal contractor, we are subject to President Biden’s Executive Order requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for all US employees. As such, Zoom requires all US employees, including remote employees, to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram