Engineering Manager - Backend at Freshworks
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end user. More than 50,000 companies -- from startups to public companies -- around the world use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience ]CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM). Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve 50,000+ customers including Bridgestone, Chargebee, DeliveryHero, ITV, Klarna, Multichoice, OfficeMax, TaylorMade and Vice Media.
Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omni-channel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system). Freshworks has received numerous accolades including 2019 Startup of the Year form Economic Times, #16 ranking on the Forbes’ Cloud 100 list and #22 on the Battery Ventures/Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2020. Our suite of products has also been recognized by analysts including the Gartner Magic Quadrants for CRM Customer Engagement, IT Service Management and Sales Force Automation.
While Freshworks has had incredible organic growth over the last few years, the company also has made targeted acquisitions that add critical capabilities to the portfolio including Natural Language Processing, Chatbots, Machine Learning, Social and Messaging Transformation. Freshworks has raised over $400 million in capital and is funded by Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. More information is available at www.Freshworks.com.
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose and passion, irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion or ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, our communities and our business.Job Description
Overview of the role:
Freshworks seeks an experienced Engineering Manager to lead a growing team of Engineers that builds and scales one of our many products. As a technical leader, you own the engineering vision and oversee the technical standards your team thrives on. As a manager of engineers, you coach and develop our promising, young talent and ensure their collective energy is applied effectively and efficiently to accomplish not only the organizational goals, but also their individual career goals. An accomplished record as an individual contributor and experience managing an engineering team is expected to fill these shoes.
- Own the development practices and standards for your team
- Own the technical architecture, drive engineering design and shoulder critical decisions Understand, prioritize and deliver the feature roadmap while chipping away at the technical debt Work effectively with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, developers and QA
- Own the communication of the team’s progress and perception of the team itself
- Collaborate with the Support team to keep track of and triage technical issues and track them through to resolution
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to drive sourcing, screening, interviewing and recruitment of the right talent for your team
- Continuously improve the productivity of your team by identifying investments in technology, process and continuous delivery
- Own the morale of your team, unblock them at critical junctures, break ties in a timely manner
- Own the careers of your team members, deliver regular and timely feedback, represent your team for annual reviews and reward your performers
System Architecture,Code Review, Team mentoring/handling,Performance EngineeringAdditional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.