Who we are
At Craft Alley, we help customers explore the breadth and depth of Colorado’s beer scene and find their new favorite beers. Currently, people buy beer as if we are still in an analog world. They go into their local liquor store, shop the coolers and semi-randomly grab a a six pack off the shelves. 'Cutting edge' customers order online and get it delivered. We believe customers deserve better. Customers want to consume beer, much like they consume media - an enormous catalog of niche products that are intelligently curated, purchased from the comfort of their couch. We do all of the legwork to make that happen and put a beautiful face on it so that finding even the most obscure beers is a breeze.
We have operated on this mission in Denver for a year, and as of last month just expanded our customer base nationally. We will be moving fast, and would love to talk with you about our plans.
What you’ll do
As our Engineering Lead, you will be the first full time engineer on our team, and you’ll work day-to-day directly on the leadership team with the co-founders - Product Management and Design backgrounds - as well as a crew of independent contractors to help us extend our existing platforms.
You will be responsible for the future direction of all of our technology. You will work (or direct work) on all parts of our platform, and have a chance to impact all parts of our business including: giving our customers simple, yet exciting ways to discover their new favorite beers, helping make our supply chain as effortless as possible, and of course, quality control testing of the beer will at times be warranted.
- You’re self motivated with high standards
- You use the technology that best solves the problem, not the one that you are most familiar with
- You’re capable of delivering a full feature set from start to finish correctly and on time without getting lost down rabbit holes or chasing shiny objects.
- You prioritize effectively and understand when to move on rather than seek absolute perfection
- You take product requirements and can implement them yourself, but also adept at delegating
Skills you possess
- Exceptional front-end skills
- Proficient in data modeling, data structures, algorithms, design patterns and programming languages
- Experience leading an engineering team
- Magento or other CMS experience preferred
- 5+ years experience
- CS degree or equivalent work experience