Engineering Director at Ibotta
Ibotta is looking for an Engineering Director to lead our team in building something great while influencing stability and quality of the technology. At Ibotta, our engineering team is organized cross-functionally by squads that build remarkable products for the company, including the platform powering our app that is used by millions of consumers. We’re looking for a director eager to drive a strong engineering vision, lead multiple teams, and scale the organization while fostering a collaborative, inclusive culture.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency & A good idea can come from anywhere
- Develop and deploy new strategies for building a highly engaged development organization that delivers predictably and in line with our emerging customer needs.
- Inspire and mobilize individuals and teams to achieve results.
- Ensure timely delivery of engineering solutions to meet business needs while providing a transparent view to progress.
- Communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders as well as communicate business objectives to the technical team.
- Collaborate across functional areas to define and prioritize technical solutions that support business needs, efficiencies, and revenue.
- Partner with Product Management to prioritize, scope, and plan business milestones and set goals.
- Foster an organization that understands how to balance technical debt vs. feature delivery.
- Coach and develop engineering managers; address technical, resource, and personnel issues.
- Support technical innovation and lead the creation, continual refinement, and active enforcement of our development standards to ensure that our technology enables a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Build an organization with appropriately high technical competence that strives for excellence.
- Research new technologies to stay abreast of industry trends and standards.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of engineering management experience.
- 15+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders including customers, senior management, and other business leaders.
- Skilled at agile software development and management.
- Has had exposure to multiple languages and frameworks as either an engineer or manager.
- Experienced with security, cost, performance, scale, and reliability strategies.
- Highly effective performance manager and comfortable managing team members with different skill sets and technical expertise.
- Motivated by a fast-paced and adapting environment while encompassing our core values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency, and A good idea can come from anywhere.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication.
- Has worked with cloud-based data architectures and platforms (AWS preferred) and experience with DevOps culture. DevSecOps is a plus
- Experience with event-driven architectures and platforms is a strong plus.
- Understanding native mobile app development and frontend web development is a great extra!
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, and equity.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.