Engineering Aide III at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineering Aide III
What You'll Do:
- Support the test engineering team with test execution planning and test execution.
- Execute a variety of technical assignments requiring a limited knowledge of engineering, science, logistics, and other technical applications.
- Produce technical documentation, test procedures, test reports, drawings (flow charts, block diagrams, and schematics).
- Execute specific step by step test procedures to record and verify test data results and report out of tolerance conditions.
- Gather, maintain, format, compile, manipulate technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes.
- Work effectively in a team environment, referring questions and problems to area Lead or Supervisor.
- Provide test support during environmental testing which includes Thermal Vacuum, Vibration, EMI/EMC testing.
- Ability to interpret electrical & mechanical drawings, specifications, notes, and wire lists.
- Ability to obtain specialized certifications required, to perform the assembly and fabrication operations. (Clean room, Test Conductor, Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), Foreign Object Debris (FOD).
- Arrange for technical discussions.
- Gather technical input for meetings and documentation.
- Administrate action items and track open issues.
- Ensure applicable document approval/releases are complete by need date.
- Use personal computer in performance of analyses and development of documentation/reports.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work towards a BA or BS degree in a math or science related discipline or Technical Degree and equivalent experience is preferred.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Attention to detail, cost conscious mindset, self-motivation and go-getter attitude is required.
- Ability to track and complete multiple tasks from multiple stakeholders.
- Willingness to volunteer assistance when it has not been explicitly requested.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to exercise them in a technical environment.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, or production environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $23.56 - $31.73 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.