Engineering Aide II- Electrical at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineering Aide II
The Electrical and Electronic Solutions business unit is seeking an Engineering Aide II to provide technical and administrative support to engineers and technicians on a variety of group tasks. You will work under the supervision of an engineering manager or designated engineer.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform a variety of technical assignments requiring a limited knowledge of engineering, science, or other technical applications.
- Maintain group action task lists (via Excel spreadsheets) and maintain graphical schedules (via PowerPoint), that are updated in meetings.
- Compile feedback from design reviews and take notes during meetings.
- Assist with working and updating Electrical Project Engineers group process improvement tasks, and our team SharePoint site.
- Gather, maintain, format, compile and manipulate technical data, such as laboratory or material measurement results and engineering design changes, with guidance from a designated engineer.
- Document tests and record data to assist with technical evaluation or analysis, as needed.
- Help with assembly lab organization and maintenance.
- Return equipment due for calibration.
- Find test equipment and set up benches for measurements.
- Assist and support engineering and/or production, by evaluating Assembly kits for builds and any or all the following:
- Retrieving parts from shipping or stores.
- Expedite parts from the Ball Boulder facility.
- Expedite parts to local suppliers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- AA degree, or BA degree in a technical related curriculum, preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to track and complete multiple tasks from multiple stakeholders.
- Willingness to volunteer assistance when it has not been explicitly requested.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.71 - $26.44 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.