Engineering Aide I - Space Vehicle Simulators at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineering Aide I - Space Vehicle Simulators
*This is a temporary, part-time position for 10-30 hours per week.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the Space Vehicle Simulator team in the design, development, and implementation of real-time simulations of Ball Aerospace space vehicles.
- Perform laboratory maintenance and support activities.
- Develop & execute tests and support utilities.
- Perform entry-level SW development activities and tasking.
- Learn and abide the engineering development processes of working withing the simulator team.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong desire to work in the Aerospace field as an Engineer.
- Currently seeking an Engineering degree from an accredited institution in one of the following engineering fields: Aerospace, Electrical, Computer, or Software.
- Solid knowledge of basic engineering
- fundamentals for your field.
- Have experience with or exposure to multiple of the following software tools and packages:
- Ruby or Python
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to keep a predictable schedule and work on site.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools.
- Ability to work with lab equipment, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, signal generators, power supplies under supervision is desirable.
- Familiarity Linux systems such as RedHat.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $17.07 - $22.60 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.