Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding
Software Development/Design Engineers in Test (SDETs) are driven by engineering excellence, write code that is a joy for other engineers to maintain, and demonstrate an unrelenting focus on their customers. SDETs solve problems for their teams using modern best practices. They collaborate with other world-class engineers to build & deliver value-centric products and frameworks, leverage devops & observability practices to deliver those value-centric products & frameworks, and create tools that make their squad more effective. The systems they develop will be highly resilient, performant, and scalable. SDETs are champions of quality on the Engineering team, driving the team and their peers to engineering excellence. This position works with Product Management to ensure product requirements and success criteria are used as a basis for comprehensive testing.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
This role will work in our Denver or DC office once our office re-opens, however, we will consider this role for continued remote work once our offices reopen with limited work/travel to our offices in Denver or DC.
How You'll Do It
- Develop Pie's product & technology:
- Creating code that is a joy for other engineers to maintain and is highly testable.
- Collaborate with other world-class engineers to build & deliver value-centric products and frameworks, leverage devops & observability practices to deliver those value-centric products & frameworks, and create tools that make the whole Engineering team more effective.
- Create and develop tools & products that are well designed, maintainable, testable, and understandable by others, through clean code, documentation, and the use of industry standards and best practices.
- Deliver software using continuous delivery practices and leverage experience to enhance continuous delivery pipelines and practices.
- Utilize modern best practices in the microservice architectural style.
- Technical Leadership:
- Drive excellence into code bases owned by your team; be an example for peers on your team.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the SDET team to build and deliver platforms and tools that facilitate the delivery and quality of Pie's products.
- Facilitate code reviews.
- Help to create best practices and procedures.
- Test Platforms:
- Assist building test automation platforms to facilitate the implementation of integration, end to end, load, and performance tests by other members of the engineering team.
- Drives continuous improvement on Pie Engineering's continuous delivery practices.
- Partners with infrastructure engineering to build out infrastructure to support the continuous testing via continuous delivery of Pie's platforms.
- Deeply attuned to the production behavior of Pie's systems and identifies opportunities to address gaps through enhanced tooling and capability.
The Right Stuff
- A minimum of 3-years experience with the development and delivery of large scale systems, leveraging modern test automation and software deployment practices required.
- Intermediate communication (written and verbal) skills, to deliver more complex information effectively.
- Intermediate problem solving skills to be able to manage complex tasks and work through solutions with little guidance and direction.
- Awareness of your own tasks, and how it impacts the team and deliverables.
- G-Suite Tools, Collaboration tools (slack is preferred), basic office machines.
- Ability to deliver projects at a cadence that meets the expectations of your manager, with minimal supervision.
- Deep understanding of open source frameworks, web technologies, HTTP, and other tools that facilitate the practice of software engineering.
- Have worked extensively in an Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Have worked in a CI/CD environment.
- Proven experience designing and building Microservices architectures.
- Expert understanding with async design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of AWS offerings, such as Lamdas, DyanmoDB, SQS/SNS, etc.
- Deep knowledge of programming languages such as C#, Go, or Python, network protocols, HTTP.
- Extensive experience developing RESTful APIs.
- Expertise in testing frameworks and tools.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $111,000 - $144,000
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.