Engineer Senior - System Allocation and Verification at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer Senior – System Allocation and Verification
This position is for an experienced system engineer who can lead a team to establish and maintain the requirements baseline for a mission, element, segment, subsystem and/or ground.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide systems engineering leadership of technical teams in the development, verification, delivery, and operations of Missions, Segments, Elements, and Subsystems.
- Develop framework to properly allocate, trace and verify requirements at all levels through the lifecycle of the program.
- Plan and manage the cost and technical progress associated with the effort.
- Interact with multiple subject matter experts to develop the required allocation analysis and verification artifacts.
- Interface with and support the program’s chief system engineer.
- Mentor other system engineers assigned to the team.
- Support the Risk and Opportunity Management Board.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management, and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience in either mission systems, spacecraft systems, ground systems or payloads.
- Minimum 4 years of requirements management experience working in the DOORS environment (Framework, Specification Structure, ICD, Structure, etc) or equivalent – a subject matter expert with this tool.
- Demonstrated ability to review effective and verifiable requirements – detail oriented.
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering processes, including requirements development, requirement allocation, change management, verification and validation – a self-starter that will own this activity.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary teams including meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Customer Relationships: extensive knowledge of missions and customers across core technologies areas. Knowledge/experience working with critical customer base, established relationships with key personnel within customer community.
- Good presentation skills with experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.