Engineer Senior - Supplier Assurance Manager at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Engineer Senior – Supplier Assurance Manager
Establish, execute, and disseminate Mission Assurance (MA) requirements and expertise across Ball Aerospace’s supply chain. Establish MA requirements appropriate for the hardware, mission, and customer base. Support the MA requirements and recommendations across the supply base to establish standards and consistency for future execution.
What You’ll Do:
- Prime responsibility is to support the planning and execution of Mission Assurance (MA) requirements within the designated supply base containing radio-frequency, electronic, electrical, software, mechanical, and optical subsystems.
- Responsible for reviewing program MA requirements and preparing Subcontractor Mission Assurance Specifications.
- Responsible for understanding the execution of the subcontractor for all requirements of compliance or noncompliance.
- Work with a team of assurance-related Subject Mater Experts (SMEs) to assess assurance related requirement acceptability such as reliability, EEE parts, HW/SW quality etc.
- Work closely with assigned subcontractors for acceptability of program requirements and Ball standards such as AS9100 and other standard industry and military documentation.
- Work to understand capability of subcontractors and assignment of design and execution of Ball specifications, standards and requirement set.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to develop product risk management framework, including design and process Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FMEAs), throughout the product lifecycle.
- Interface with program Mission Assurance Managers to understand supplier assurance requirements, developing and executing various plans of action as required to improve supplier efficiency and performance.
- Track supplier performance and risk measurement data.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Current TS/SCI security clearance preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written, communication, oral presentations skills, and ability to lead group discussions.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.