Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer Senior - Space Systems Mission Architect
Join the Mission Systems Engineer, Integration & Test (SEIT) team at Ball Aerospace – a diverse group of motivated problem solvers. We like to have fun and enjoy life - both at work, and in our free time. We're excited about the challenging projects we're involved in and have a strong commitment to the missions we enable. Offering growth opportunities at all levels of skill and experience, we're looking for leaders and innovators who can continue our strong reputation for creativity and technical excellence, while helping to define the future of Ball.
We're seeking an independent, action-oriented engineer to lead proposal and early-phase study efforts for the entire program lifecycle, including concept, design, requirement development, implementation, and launch.
You'll work up-front on multiple projects with our new business teams to define the future architectures, systems, and technological needs.
You'll help define the strategic needs of the company, to grow and adapt to these diverse cutting-edge opportunities and the missions of tomorrow.
This is a challenging, fast-paced job which will be exciting and highly gratifying for the successful candidate.
Make a difference. Love what you do. Realize your full potential.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and utilize technical trades studies to define RF system architectures.
- Trade technical performance options and impacts.
- Define System CONOPS.
- Contribute to new IRAD/ technology development concepts.
- Provide engineering support across multiple and diverse new business pursuits by developing concepts to meet customer mission needs.
- Contribute to the development of strong customer relationships, understand customer needs, and connect needs with Ball’s technology roadmap during capture and execution. Establish and nurture necessary industry partnerships to effectively compete for and execute programs.
- Mentor other systems engineers.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management, and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Related experience in either mission system, spacecraft systems, ground systems or payloads is preferred.
- Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI is required.
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering to include Architecture Development, Performing Trade Studies, MBSE, and CONOPS development.
- Knowledge and experience in designing RF system architectures.
- RF Performance Modeling and simulation.
- Experience in RF hardware, RF communication, and/or signal collection.
- Experience working on aircraft and/or spacecraft systems.
- Customer Relationships: Knowledge of missions and customers across core technologies areas.
- Superb presentation skills with experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.