Engineer Senior - Payload Test at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer Senior - Payload Test
Join the Ball Aerospace Payload System Integration and Test Engineering team! In this role, you will work in a fast-paced team environment with other SEIT engineers to integrate and test payload hardware.
What You'll Do:
- Use off-the-shelf and custom Special Test Equipment to test and troubleshoot spaceflight payload hardware.
- Take a leadership role and work with engineers of other disciplines to develop test sets tailored for the verification of payload functional and environmental performance requirements.
- Write, review, update, and review integration and test procedures as required by Payload AI&T campaigns.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers on preparing test procedures.
- Maintain fabrication and test engineering logs, records and author test summary reports.
- Work with internal company contacts and outside suppliers and customers for technical exchanges of information. Take a prominent role in coordinating with customers and suppliers for program, design, and peer reviews.
- Provide technical oversight and support to teams of engineers and technicians.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS in Engineering or other related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree(s) in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Thermal Engineering are highly preferred.
- Experience in the design, development, and validation of test sets in cleanroom, laboratory, and/or production environments.
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, et.al.).
- Testing experience with spaceflight instruments or related aerospace, electrical, mechanical, optical, or thermal hardware, components and systems is highly desirable.
- test experience using software test automation applications and tools such as COSMOS and LabVIEW is desirable.
- Experience working in an ISO Class 7/8 cleanrooms in proximity to sensitive opto-electronic devices is desirable.
- Aerospace or military experience is desired.
- Current Top-Secret security clearance desired; applicants selected will be subjected to a government security investigation and be expected to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $123,500 - $156,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.