Engineer Senior - Operations Sustainment Engineer at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer Senior – Space Vehicle
Space Vehicle Engineer in support of Factory Reach-back and Operations and Maintenance Sustainment
What You'll Do:
- Support factory mission control and operations engineering by ensuring consistent application of Ball mission operations processes and product standards.
- Participate in on-orbit operations, assess vehicle state of health and assist with anomaly investigations and responses
- Perform day to day trending, alarm management, and analysis of Spacecraft subsystems
- Plan, schedule and coordinate spacecraft orbit adjustments, calibrations and maintenance activities with site operations, customer and factory support.
- Make modifications to existing operations procedures to incorporate lessons learned from in-flight performance.
- Provide training to Spacecraft System Operators on bus and payload subsystems
- Face-to-face interaction with customers and contractors to respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings, technical interchanges and enterprise working groups
- Support to operational validation of releases, database maintenance, user administration, investigation of system anomalies and the raising, tracking and regression testing of Anomaly Reports
- Operate Spacecraft Simulators in a Linux environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A TS/SCI Security Clearance with CI Poly required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ground systems for spacecraft operations.
- Experience with on-console flight operations and ground support teams.
- Strong System engineering / SEIT skills.
- Experience supporting system engineering of ground systems development efforts including meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Experience with Software Development Plans and Software Standards.
- Knowledge of systems engineering roles and functions, including operations concept development, requirements management, functional analysis, interface definition and control, synthesis, and/or verification and validation.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on technical and management efforts currently underway.
- Knowledge of related disciplines in software engineering, hardware engineering, integration, test engineering, quality engineering, configuration/data management.
- Experience in developing specifications, design and analysis, documentation, and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication skills, oral presentation skills, and an ability to lead group discussions.
- Effectiveness in working with people at all levels and with outside customers, able and willing to contribute wherever and however needed, provide leadership and guidance to program activities and staff.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Details are available on our careers site or by clicking here.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.