Engineer Senior - Life Cycle Sustainment (LCS) Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Engineer Senior - Life Cycle Sustainment (LCS) Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)
Execute Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) requirements and expertise across Ball Aerospace’s programs, customer base, and engineering departments. Work with the Life Cycle Sustainment (LCS) Engineering team to establish ILS Engineering requirements appropriate for the hardware, mission, and customer base. Support LCS requirements and recommendations. Generate logistics product data and perform Product Support Analysis during the life cycle of systems and equipment. Establish standards and consistency for current mission success and for future execution.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform Reliability, Maintainability, and Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineering analyses to promote cost-effective, field-supportable, and affordable products over their life cycle.
- Leverage strong ILS and life cycle modelling skills to promote system reliability and supportability during design and to generate essential losistics products needed by the user for long-term system support, including the following:
- Logistics Support Analysis (LSA)
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCC)
- Maintenance Support and ILS Plans
- Level of Repair Analysis (LORA)
- Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) and Maintenance Task Analysis
- Spares and Repair Parts Recommendations
- Support Equipment and Recommendations Data (SERD)
- Technical Manuals and Support Documentation
- Supply Support (Provisioning) data
- Generate Reliabilty Block Diagrams (RBD) from scratch, modelling the reliability and maintainability of a system for a full Life Cycle model.
- Support DMSMS and obsolescence monitoring programs with recommened actions to enable whole-life product support.
- Generate and communicate risk assessments to program management on application of a wide range ILS requirement levels.
- Support establishing companywide ILS policy and procedures to ensure appropriate requirements based on mission type and customer base.
- Work with classified documents which requires thorough knowledge of DoD procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Interface with Program Managers, Project Engineers, Business Assurance Managers, Mission Area Leads, and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You´ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Systems, or Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics or Physics preferred.
- Deomstrated self-starter.
- Knowledge and experience in the generation of Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) and Logistics Product Data per GEIA STD-0007C as identified in MIL-HDBK-502A.
- Knowledge and experience with industry software tools used to perform Reliability, Maintainability, and logistics support analysis such as PTC Windchill, SLICwave, S1000D, EAGLE, LOGSA, COMPASS, PowerLog-J.
- Familiarity with reliability prediction techniques (MIL-HDBK-217), Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA).
- Proficient at Life Cycle Modelling and familiarity with software modeling tools such as CASA.
- Ability to generate a Reiliabity Block Diagram (RBD) from scratch.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong written, communication, oral presentations skills, and ability to lead group discussions.
- Have a track record of highly collaborative working skills in a team environment.
- Possess the willingness to assist other LCS Engineers in completing their tasks.
- Ability to learn new subjects / techniques / software, without, necessarily, the assistance of others.
- A current DoD Secret Clearance is required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $129,500 - $163,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.