Engineer Senior - Ground Software at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer Senior – Ground Software
Ball Aerospace is looking to expand our team with a talented and energetic software engineer to work on satellite ground system software on a cutting-edge program delivering new capability to the industry. This position consists of working on a tightly integrated team with compiled, web, and cloud technologies in a fast-paced Agile environment to deliver continuous innovation to our customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and develop satellite command and control, mission planning, and data analysis software systems.
- Perform full software life cycle functions including software requirements, architecture, design, code, test, integration, documentation, and support.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external customers to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Mentor junior engineers and lead developer teams, including decomposing and assigning tasks, reviewing work products, and tracking and reporting status.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with satellite ground system development with a focus on distributed C2, data processing, or mission planning software
- Experience with industry-standard ground systems such as COSMOS, ECLIPSE, OS/COMET, or OASIS
- Experience delivering high-reliability software in an agile, team-based environment with a strong CI/CD workflow
- Experience in one or more of the following technology areas:
- Cloud development using AWS, Lambda, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Web and REST service development using Spring, Jersey, Flask, CherryPy, or Ruby on Rails
- Back-end development using SQL and NoSQL databases, and JPA/ORM
- Modeling, planning, or scheduling software development in languages such as Java, C++, or Python
- Proven leadership experience at the technical, team, or organizational levels.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.