Engineer Senior- Command and Telemetry Handbook Lead - Mission Systems (Systems Operability) at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer Senior– Command and Telemetry Handbook Lead - Mission Systems (Systems Operability)
What You'll Do:
- Technical Leader for the Command and Telemetry Handbook Team
- Functional Manager for the Command and Telemetry Handbook Team
- Detailed oriented systems engineering to understand the in-depth use of Ball spacecraft and the interdependences between spacecraft subsystems.
- Create and document the commands and telemetry for a spacecraft in a useful and easily understood manner throughout the life of the spacecraft development, integration and test, and mission operations.
- Control and maintain the configuration of Ball Spacecraft via Flight Software Tables throughout the life of the spacecraft development, integration and test, and mission operations.
- Own and implement the command and telemetry system and tools for Spacecraft Integration and Test, as well as certain flight ground systems.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current Top Secret security clearance required.
- Experience working in UNIX, Mac, and MS-Windows environments is preferred.
- Good planning, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with large teams of distributed ground system engineers and senior level engineers of multiple disciplines.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- A willingness and ability to learn many of the technical skills through on-the-job training.
- Ability to remain calm and collected in stressful situations.
- Solid troubleshooting skills are required to provide anomaly resolution support during simulator development, integration and test of all spacecraft and payload components, and on orbit anomaly situations.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.