Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Engineer Senior – Anti-Tamper
The Anti-Tamper Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of hardware-based solutions for protection of critical mission critical technology. This person will provide Anti-Tamper (AT) Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to program acquisition and execution. Looking for someone who has innovation, quick learning, excellent communication skills, strong leadership skills, and adaptive thinking.
The candidate will provide integration and verification of system design requirements and capabilities. Component and system-level penetration testing and assessment of theoretical reverse-engineering threat vectors and potential countermeasures. The SME will work with the program on identify Critical Program Information, systems assurance and program protection risks and mitigating strategies, particularly in support of hardware assurance, to protect the United States’ most advanced technologies.
What You’ll Do:
- Support other tasks and areas of subject matter expertise, to include the Trusted & Assured Microelectronics (T&AM) program, AT, and Software Security Assurance, with Design Engineering subject matter expertise as required.
- Author and review and provide recommendations on Program Protection Plans (PPPs) and other acquisition and requirements documentation oversight for appropriate inclusion and application of AT policy and guidance.
- Ensure the effectiveness and suitability of the security elements within the systems as an enabler to mission success.
- Provide and communicate understanding of both the technical and programmatic aspects of a project to the project team as well as the customer.
- Develop, review, and recommend AT microelectronics policy, guidance, training, and best practices that align its implementation across the mission acquisition lifecycle.
- Proven work experience implementing Anti-tamper solutions.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Final Secret security clearance is required.
- Familiarity with Anti-Tamper architectures, to include AT System design and/or vulnerability assessment and integration.
- Previous experience in the fields of Cybersecurity and/or Anti-Tamper is greatly desired.
- Experience in FPGA and/or ASIC design is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written, communication, oral presentations skills, and ability to lead group discussions.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.