Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Provides technical and customer support for the quality assurance function as directed with an all-inclusive technical support service focus to Ball customers.
What will you be responsible for?
- Provide support in the development of new products being developed by Ball and/or Ball Customers
- Lead implementation of technical improvements agreed between customers & Ball
- Coordinate implement filling line trials on customer sites to evaluate new/ modified Ball products
- Contact customer regarding quality issues, visiting customer where requires and review complaints with Ball manufacturing plant and/or customer
- Respond to customer on quality issue cause and any actions taken within Ball
- Audit customer filling facilities/warehouses for problems which may result in reduction in filing speed, damage to cans or ends and unsafe seam quality
- Ensure effective interaction with Company’s other departments
- Performs quality engineering activities as requested, root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Performs and assists in reviewing quality assurance policies used in all existing and new plants, including procedures and equipment with the aim of standardizing wherever possible
- Assists in establishing and maintaining the quality management system
- Conducts and participates in continuous improvement activities to enhance the quality management system (such as DMAIC, 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.)
- Develops training to build and sustain quality awareness.
- Conducts audits, creates audit finding reports, determines proper corrective and preventive actions and closes audit findings
- Analyzes failure, corrective and preventative action to respond to customer complaints and creates/maintains company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc
- Investigates, within the group function, the quality assurance aspects of new or existing products to establish schedules for testing and developing such activities
- Participates and interacts with the engineering and operations groups and plant staff on quality-related matters.
- Participates in evaluating customer claims
- Presents such data to highlight problem status for areas needing attention; also reflect areas where corrective action has/has not had the desired results.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field acquired through a bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Job related experience for 3 years minimum in quality or quality-related environment, experience in manufacturing laboratory environment preferred
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt or ASQ Quality Engineer certification preferred
- Highly Matrixed/High Growth Organization Experience
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Working knowledge of the following areas: engineering principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, quality assurance principles, and the manufacturing process
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans