Engineer, Quality Customer Technical Service (CTS) at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Provides technical support for the quality assurance function as directed.
What will you be responsible for?
- Provide all-inclusive technical support service to Ball customers.
- Provide support in the development of new products being developed by Ball and/or Ball customers.
- Lead implementation of technical improvements agreed between customers & Ball.
- Coordinate implement filling line trials on customer sites to evaluate new / modified Ball products.
- Contact customer regarding quality issues, visiting customer where required.
- Review complaints with Ball manufacturing plant and/or customer.
- Respond to customer on quality issue cause and any actions taken within Ball.
- Audit customer filling facilities/warehouses for problems which may result in reduction in filling speed, damage to cans or ends and unsafe seam quality.
- Ensure effective interaction with Company’s other departments.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Performs quality engineering activities including quality control systems implementation for new plants or lines, capability studies, measurement systems analyses, gauge R&R studies, development of process control and reaction plans.
- Performs root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Performs and assists in reviewing quality assurance policies used in all existing and new plants, including procedures and equipment with the aim of standardizing wherever possible.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining the quality management system.
- Conducts and participates in continuous improvement activities to enhance the quality management system (such as DMAIC, 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.)
- Develops training to build and sustain quality awareness.
- Conducts analysis to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Conducts audits, creates audit finding reports, determines proper corrective and preventive actions and closes out audit findings.
- Analyzes failure, corrective and preventative action to respond to customer complaints.
- Creates and maintains company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc.
- Manages and conducts audits of suppliers’ performance, ensuring timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective action and preventive actions.
- Investigates, within the group function, the quality assurance aspects of new or existing products to establish schedules for testing and developing such activities.
- Participates and interacts with the engineering and operations groups and plant staff on quality-related matters.
- Participates in evaluating customer claims. Presents such data to highlight problem status for areas needing attention; also to reflect areas where corrective action has/has not had the desired results.
- Participates in quality improvement programs if deemed beneficial to the division.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field acquired through a bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering.
- Job related experience for 3 years minimum in quality or quality-related environment; experience in manufacturing or laboratory environment preferred.
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt or ASQ Quality Engineer certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: engineering principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, quality assurance principles, and the manufacturing process.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans