Engineer, Quality Assurance at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Provides technical support for the quality assurance function as directed.
What will you be responsible for?
- Performs root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Performs and assists in reviewing quality assurance policies used in all existing and new plants, including procedures and equipment with the aim of standardizing wherever possible.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining the quality management system.
- Conducts and participates in continuous improvement activities to enhance the quality management system (such as DMAIC, 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.)
- Develops training to build and sustain quality awareness.
- Conducts analysis to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Conducts audits, creates audit finding reports, determines proper corrective and preventive actions and closes out audit findings.
- Analyzes failure, corrective and preventative action to respond to customer complaints.
- Creates and maintains company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc.
- Manages and conducts audits of suppliers’ performance, ensuring timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective action and preventive actions.
- Investigates, within the group function, the quality assurance aspects of new or existing products to establish schedules for testing and developing such activities.
- Participates and interacts with the engineering and operations groups and plant staff on quality-related matters.
- Participates in evaluating customer claims. Presents such data to highlight problem status for areas needing attention; also to reflect areas where corrective action has/has not had the desired results.
- Participates in quality improvement programs if deemed beneficial to the division.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field acquired through a bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering
- Job related experience for 3 years minimum in quality or quality-related environment; experience in manufacturing laboratory environment preferred
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt or ASQ Quality Engineer certification preferred
- Working knowledge of the following areas: engineering principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, quality assurance principles, and the manufacturing process
- Performs quality engineering activities including quality control systems implementation for new plants or lines, capability studies, measurement systems analyses, gauge R&R studies, development of process control and reaction plans.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, click here for more info https://www.ball.com/us_benefits
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/. If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans