Engineer, Project Support at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Provides project engineering support to ensure project success related to budget, timeline, and ramp up.
What will you be responsible for?
- Generates initial project workflow documentation and manages them through to successful completion: scope of work, responsibility matrix, project cost control and budget status tracking, major milestone and detailed schedule, status reports, action item list etc. for relevant discipline area
- Establishes and assists to maintain project team ownership of project scope, budget, responsibility plan and schedule related to relevant discipline area
- Assists specific project managers to ensure availability of timely updates using information provided by team members who are responsible for specific areas
- Searches for and highlights what the highest risk elements to each project’s success are by analysis of standard project documentation and communicates these risks to project managers.
- Documents project changes and their effect on meeting project objectives: cost schedule, expected operating results, etc.
- Effectively uses computer-based scheduling tools to meet or improve on schedule goals; promotes project team ownership of schedule and their appropriate use of schedule information. Develops and maintains appropriate scheduling tools for the installation/start-up phase of each project.
- Responsible for assuring that all project documentation archiving requirements are properly completed including: documents from CEF checklist put in the central engineering files, as-built of layouts, plant bills for materials, schematics, and control programs completed and filed electronically.
- Maintains knowledge of developments in the field of project management, communicates their existence to the project engineering department, and proposes/coordinates evaluation or implementation of such innovations as a continuous improvement of the standard project toolbox.
- Maintains awareness of all environmental management requirements and works with onsite project teams to continuously update expected site rules and working practices for installation contractors
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday), working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on
a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college education or work-related experience
- Related industry experience is desirable
- Highly skilled in the use of a computer and the standard suite of Office tools.
- Must be prepared to work towards and then maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Handles sensitive and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to work independently within parameters set by management. Assignments may be self-initiated. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong presentation skills. Contributes to group discussions.
- Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- 40% of travel (may fluctuate throughout calendar year based upon priority and restrictions)
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 60,000 - 90,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans