Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of Position
Provides equipment, process knowledge, and statistical support to optimize the engineering support of the Tapered Cup manufacturing process. This position will support the Global Tapered Cup Business Unit and use data analysis & lean principles to drive continuous process improvement.
- Promotes a safe and secure work environment and design safety into the manufacturing process.
- Focuses on equipment and process automation, product handling, line control, and process data sharing to support Tapered Cup manufacturing.
- Provides operational excellence and engineering support for Global Tapered Cup. Focus on plant teams, light weighting, and the operational installation base.
- Drives operational excellence through a standardized and systematic approach using data driven metrics to identify, quantify, actively measure and statistically trend all systems driving system value.
- Assists in specifying and improving equipment for Tapered Cup. Champions process optimization through systems, data analysis, data sharing, process troubleshooting, root cause analysis, innovation, supporting plant teams, and collaborating with equipment/system vendors.
- Defines, categorizes, and benchmarks world class operational performance of the Tapered Cup versus similar equipment.
- Facilitates an inclusive team approach to influence process optimization in a proactive and preventative direction.
- Influences teams with a culture of continuous process improvement and optimization.
- Develops KPIs, SOPs, and document workflows to improve the efficiency of the Tapered Cup.
- Creates dashboards to track KPI progress, workflows to ensure timely updating/review of SOPs, and infrastructure to ensure gains are maintained and improved upon.
- Optimizes operational and maintenance culture to continuously improve the efficiency of thermal processes including the washer, rinser, spray, and coating production systems.
- Utilizes BPLM, Infinity, CTT and other related systems to build and create data systems which optimizes performance of each machine related to Tapered Cup manufacturing OEE and AU resulting in continuous growth and optimization of systems, performance, and culture.
- Implements an optimization program with data systems to teach, train, and champion all plant teams. Mentor the teams to adopt/adapt new methods.
- Provides technical support and pertinent information to plants, licensees, joint ventures, customers, and engineering in application of process optimization systems and metrics related to manufacturing technology.
- Investigates, originates, implements improvements, and leads structured problem solving teams for tapered cup manufacturing to increase production, reduce product cost, and improve quality.
- Uses appropriate Lean, Six Sigma and data analysis tools to analyze quantitative and qualitative to provide actionable information for data-driven decisions.
- Supports audits and trials through data and process analysis, documenting findings and preparing/delivering reports.
- Assists with the deployment of approved and assigned best practices and confirms / reports local impacts.
- Collaborates with plant operating systems manager (OSM) to conduct process analysis and performance reporting.
- This position will be in our Rome, GA plant a majority of the time, and can be considered a remote position outside of this time.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education in Mechanical Engineering
- Job related experience for 1-3 years
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Have experience leading process improvement teams along with the influencing of operation teams.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Self-directed and pushes self and others for results.
- Illustrates composure, professionalism, and patience while being comfortable with change and attacking the unknown
- Excellent communication/facilitator.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Priority Setting (Time Management). Spends time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeroes in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 10
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans