Engineer Principal - Technology Area Lead at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer Principal – Technology Area Lead
Join the Mission and Space Vehicle (M&SV) Strategic Engineering Team - a diverse group of motivated problem solvers faced with the daily challenge of technology roadmapping, IRAD coordination, and strategic IRAD execution. We're excited about the projects we're involved in and have a strong commitment to the missions we enable. Offering growth opportunities at all levels of skill and experience, we're looking for leaders and innovators who can continue our strong reputation for creativity and technical excellence, while helping to define the future of Ball.
Make a difference. Love what you do. Realize your full potential.
What You'll Do:
- Coordinate and integrate technology and capability roadmaps related or applicable to missions and space vehicles.
- Coordinate with SBUs to ensure strategic alignment on research and development plans and projects.
- Provide inputs to and coordination with IRAD points of contact within the engineering SSU and with all SBUs.
- Assist strategic engineering lead with strategic alignment, product line management, and market research.
- Execute strategic IRAD projects, maintaining cost, schedule, technical, and risk accountability.
- Manage strategies, plans, and staffing for strategic IRADs
- Understand, define, and manage subsystem requirements.
- Understand, define, and manage internal/external interfaces.
- Report cost, schedule, and technical status to internal/external customers
- Define, quantify, manage, and report technical risks.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
- Systems Engineering and execution experience at Ball Aerospace preferred.
- Space hardware experience.
- Strong customer service, accountability, professionalism, and interpersonal skill.
- Strong critical thinking skills that result in effective decision making and priority setting.
- Strategic perspective—ability to look forward, assess gaps, overlaps, and opportunities in order to manage complex interfaces with other entities that have competing objectives.
- Attention to detail that leads to complete, high-quality engineering products.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $142,000 - $179,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.