Engineer, Mechanical Project at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Provides mechanical engineering project support expertise to the business. Maintain and improve the mechanical project engineering process and support in all Ball plants. Work with Production and Engineering to execute process improvements in the mechanical engineering project management process.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work environment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Conducts all of his/her work with communication and coordination involving appropriate engineering and plant organizations.
- Consults with engineering and manufacturing personnel to assure the use of appropriate and consistent technologies.
- Responsible for the creation and updating of plant bills of material, layouts, and installation drawings to reflect current and new equipment and building configuration.
- Responsible for preparation of specifications and related documents and drawings for use in purchasing of equipment, systems, and construction work.
- Provides bid packages/RFQ’s, evaluates and educates potential suppliers/contractors and evaluates bids for equipment, systems, and construction work.
- Evaluates problems and cost-improvement opportunities in plants, generates and presents alternative solutions for consideration.
- Maintains a knowledge of technology improvements in his/her field, communicates their existence to the engineering and manufacturing areas, and proposes/coordinates implementation or evaluation of such innovations.
- Oversees selected projects within his/her areas of expertise: scope, schedule, budget, quality, project team, contractors, plant relations and acceptance, etc.
- Generates overall plans, layouts, schematics, flow diagrams, etc. for the concept and implementation phases of projects. This includes conveying and machinery in manufacturing process.
- Responsible for the review of vendor equipment and other outside engineering drawings and documents for suitability and compliance with project requirements.
- Provides on-site technical and contractor-management support in the installation, checkout and start-up of equipment and systems.
- Coordinates activities with vendors supplying hardware and equipment fabricated per drawings and specifications and performs inspection and acceptance of such items.
- Oversees activities to provide designs and technical assistance as required by manufacturing engineering for support to existing plants and for plant AFE projects.
- Coordinates with production and manufacturing engineering for timely and effective implementation of modifications to existing manufacturing process hardware.
- Ensures that cost estimates and forecasts to completion are prepared for work in area of responsibility.
- Provides technical presentations to customers, potential customers, licensees, plants and management.
- Maintains an awareness and complies with all environmental management requirements.
- Participates in audits and upgrades and recommends improvements to existing equipment systems.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- College Diploma or education equivalent required.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Job related experience for 2 year(s) minimum
- Automated manufacturing and high speed manufacturing experience
- Lean Six Sigma Experience (Preferred)
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Project.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $60,000- $90,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans