Engineer, Innovation Quality at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Provides technical and customer support for the quality innovation function as directed by the Global Innovation group for executions and technical support for new product technologies, as well as management of quality workflow process.
What will you be responsible for?
- Quality SME representative for innovation activities providing support in the development of new products being generated by Ball and the Global Innovation teams
- Lead the planning and implementation of technical quality processes and procedures agreed between Innovation and regional Operation’s Quality teams while ensuring effective data supported interaction from Innovation’s cross-functional departments
- Performs quality engineering activities as requested, FMEA, statistical analysis and process, design and develop quality systems and process related to the planning and implementation of innovation activities including, required internal and external customer specifications or product drawings related to aluminium packaging products.
- Reviews and as-needed, recalls quality assurance policies used in existing and new plants, including procedures and equipment with the aim of standardizing wherever possible for Implementation of Innovation initiatives
- Assists in establishing new innovation products into the quality management systems
- Develop and administer training to build and sustain quality awareness, capability, and process within innovation organization
- Applies Critical To Quality principles to new or existing products and provides clear recommendations where needed to establish and maintain control
- Supports integration and validation of proposed new quality methods and tools through formal validation approaches. e.g. Accuracy, precision, Gauge R&R, and other appropriate applications of statistical methods
- Expert in container measurement systems including method of measurement, acceptable variations, and maintain acceptable standards related to measuring various products.
- Assist in the planning an execution for activities for regulatory compliance in terms of food contact safety and C2C (cradle to cradle) certifications and guidelines.
- Support efforts for new material qualifications for sensory, shelf life, warrantee submissions and compliance.
Region and Global Specific Responsible Areas:
Own the quality aspects of the Global Innovation portfolio in terms of the design of quality systems and touch points to the Global quality and plant groups. Aid in the smooth transition and ownership of innovation projects being implemented into the operations organization. Help to design and develop processes, test methodology, measurement criteria and ways of working to enable successful innovation hand offs to Innovation’s cross functional business partners.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field acquired through a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and or Quality
- Job related experience for 5 years minimum in quality or quality-related environment, experience in manufacturing laboratory environment preferred
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt or ASQ Quality Engineer certification preferred
- Highly Matrixed/High Growth Organization Experience
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Confident and concise application of professional Quality & statistical principles
- Good ability to multitask and think / troubleshoot in a nonlinear manner
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and follow directions
- Ability to overcome roadblocks by enabling others with clear communication, troubleshooting, and at times simply propping up others where needed
- Ability to lead small teams and engage/motivate others
- High level of project management skills and good with project/program management tools such as MS project
- Ability to articulate and promote project management best-practices a plus
- Business acumen skills a plus
- Experience working with geographically dispersed engineering and business teams a plus
- Working knowledge of the following areas: engineering principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, quality assurance principles, and the manufacturing process
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans