Clearance Requirement: A current, active Top Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer II - Space Vehicle Systems Integration & Test
Join the Space Vehicle Systems Engineering, Integration & Test team at Ball Aerospace - a diverse group of motivated problem solvers. We're excited about the challenging projects we're involved in and have a strong commitment to the missions we enable. Offering growth opportunities regardless of skill level and experience, we're looking to engage and develop leaders who can continue our strong reputation for creativity and technical excellence.
We're seeking an action-oriented engineer with intellectual curiosity who is excited to put their potential to use leading teams and testing space vehicle hardware.
As an Engineer II, you will work closely with, and be mentored by, experts in the field. You may have the opportunity to lead a significant test activity on a large space vehicle program, lead a subsystem on a small to mid-size effort, or take responsibility as a shift lead during spacecraft acceptance testing.
What You’ll Do:
- Work in a fast-paced team environment assisting to integrate and test spacecraft hardware.
- Write, review, update, and execute test procedures and scripts.
- Gain a detailed understanding of spacecraft subsystems and their operation.
- Support space vehicle launch and commissioning campaigns.
- Prepare technical documentation and give presentations to peers, management, and external customers and partners.
- Collaborate with system and subsystem engineers, mission assurance, technicians, and other program personnel.
- Use test and measurement equipment to test and troubleshoot spaceflight hardware.
- Maintain test logs and generate test reports.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics preferred.
- A current Top Secret security clearance is required.
- Experience in the testing of spacecraft, space vehicles, and their related components and systems is desired.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills is desired.
- Experience with the use of test and measurement equipment for testing and troubleshooting is required.
- A strong attention to detail while appreciating the bigger picture of the complex and ambitious projects that we take on at Ball.A desire to work hands-on with critical space-flight hardware.
- Knowledge and test experience using test automation applications and tools such as LabVIEW is desirable.
- Strong scripting experience or programming knowledge is desirable.
- Candidate should have good interpersonal skills the ability to contribute to the success of small teams through excellent teamwork.
- Good writing and presentation skills with experience communicating to senior decision-makers and technical audiences.
- Experience with simulator/hardware test development and execution, as well as mission operations is a plus.
- Effective in small teamwork environment with broad responsibilities and minimal oversight.
- A desire to learn - our culture fosters intellectual curiosity in a highly collaborative environment.
- Customer Relationships: Knowledge/experience working with customers and matching needs with cost and schedule requirements.
- Top candidates will be goal oriented individuals with excellent organizational skills, a team mindset, and capable of coming up to speed quickly on assigned programs.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $97,000 - $120,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.