Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer II - Space Vehicle Simulators - Electrical Design
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for system and detail circuit development of ground support electronics, test bench development and support, high reliability electronic systems, modeling and simulations, with prime focus on the following.
- Packaging equipment
- Mechanical layout
- Digital interfaces
- Analog interfaces
- Work to define and design cables
- Build small assemblies, rework as required,
- Support integration and testing of ground support electronics and test consoles
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Solid knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals.
- Familiarity with electronic circuit design, electronic systems, as well as software.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficiency with MS Office tools.
- Hands on experience with both analog and digital design and interfaces Electronics packaging at PWA and chassis level is preferred.
- Ability to work with lab equipment, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, signal generators, power supplies is required.
- Exposure to MatLab, C, C++ is beneficial.
- Familiarity with the use of PCIe Analog & Digital IO Cards on Linux systems.
- Expertise in developing specifications, design and analysis documentation and presentation preferred.
- Electronic experience requirements: analysis and allocation, electrical subsystem conceptual development/trade studies, design leadership, supporting hardware development efforts.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $102,000 - $126,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.